Description: This article describes the InnovidXP calibration process and what it involves.
Note: Each brand is different in terms of exactly how customers respond to its TV advertising. Working with the advertiser’s modeled data, InnovidXP identifies TV spots with a clear response profile and uses these to build reference response profiles for each advertiser. We independently generate reference response profiles for each different medium, metric, and spot length.
To what extent do we calibrate the platform?
There are many things taken into consideration, including, but not limited to:
- How long the spike lasts; usually between 5-15 minutes
- How accurate is the underlying spot data, i.e., how generous does the model need to be?
- How noisy is the data; how much smoothing do we need to apply?
- How accurate is the audience data?
- At what point is the peak?
- What is the shape of the curve?
- What is the shape of the tail, and how long does it last?
When do we need to recalibrate?
We do not usually require recalibration for a customer unless there is a significant difference in the underlying data, for example:
- Your website traffic has increased from an average of 100 session starts per hour to 100,000 session starts per hour
- Your spot count per day has gone from 10 to 5,000
Requesting a recalibration
Email support if you believe you need a recalibration and tell us:
a. When the last calibration was actioned
b. What changes in the data have occurred that may point to the need for a recalibration